Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
- Personal Data: This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, birth date and data of family members enrolled in our lessons]. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- Non-Personal Data: Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information.
- Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website and to help us to improve our business & service to you.
- Personal Data: We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered;
- to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
- to send you Templeogue Swim Pool News/Events Alerts and to communicate with you about our Swimming Pool & other centre activities.
PLEASE NOTE: This is service you must opt into
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties].
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Sale of Business
Specific GDPR Policy
We at Templeogue College Swim Pool have developed an online booking system since 2011. We communicate with existing customers directly via a permission based email
What information do we ask you for?
We maintain the following Personal information on customers enrolled in our swim lessons
- Family Name
- Family Guardian First name
- Guardian contact email
- Guardian contact mobile number
- Child name
- Child Age / DOB
- Pertinent information (regarding your child) that teachers may need to know
- The Class you are booked in to, Day, Time & Level
We maintain the same information for individuals on our waiting lists once people have requested to go on same.
Why do we need this information ?
We need the above information to ensure that your family members involved in our swimming lessons are managed to be put in the right class and any specific needs are catered for, so that their progress is monitored during their time in our lessons. We also use the information you provide to contact you directly with respect of new terms and booking information.
How long do we hold that information if you are IN our lessons?
The information is held on our database for the duration of your time in our lessons or until you request same to be removed. From historical references this can be for a period of between 4 & 7 years or until such time as you request us to remove same.
(PLEASE Note: All personal identifiable information is removed within 5 years of a customers last swimming course registration.)
How long do we hold that information if you are ON our waiting list?
The information you provide us is held on our database until you move IN to our lessons, or until you request us to remove same. (PLEASE Note: All personal identifiable information is removed within 5 years of a customers registration on our Database if they have NOT commenced lessons.)
Where is this information stored?
This information is stored on a cloud hosted secure and encrypted database with www.hostingireland.ie
Your personal data is processed in Hosting Ireland Offices and Data Centre facilities located in Ireland. Hosting and storage of your data takes place in BT Citywest Datacentre in Dublin, Ireland. The Security of your data is important to us and we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect it.
Your data will not be transferred to any third-party unless this is required for one of the following reasons:
- In order to fulfil the service ordered and meet our obligations (for example to a fulfil a domain registration with a particular registry)
- Irish law enforcement request, Court order or statutory requirement
- Merger, acquisition of company or sale of company assets.
Any such third-party will have similar appropriate data protection policies.
We do not and never shall sell your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
What about security?
In line with our Information Security Policy Hosting Ireland take all reasonable steps including appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Personal Data. Hosting Ireland has achieved the Cyber Essentials Security Certification Standard.
What are your rights ?
Under GDPR regulations should you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the ability to make reasonable requests to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted. Please contact us and request a Data Subject Access Request Form.
In the event that you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at Templeogue College Swim Pool, Templeville Road, Templeogue, Dublin 6W. Our Data Protection Officer will then look into your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Data Protection Commissioner www.dataprotection.ie and file a complaint with them.
How to unsubscribe from our database ?
To unsubscribe from our mailing list click the unsubscribe link on the received mail.
Alternatively please email us on email@example.com and request that we unsubscribe you from our database.
The right to be forgotten?
At any time, if they do not have a child attending our swimming courses, a customer can request all information that is identifiable to them be removed from our database. Note this cannot be undone and a customer will be required to re-register if the wish to enroll in a new course.